Windows 7 VPN Configuration
- From the start menu, select Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Choose Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Connect to to a workplace, and click Next.
- Ensure No, create a new connection is selected, and click Next.
- Select Use my Internet Connection (VPN).
- Enter the hostname of the desired server (e.g.
) and enter a suitable Destination Name (e.g. WonderProxy - San Antonio).
- Select Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later, and click Next.
- Enter your WonderProxy username and password and select Remember this password. Then, click Create.
- Click Close (not connect).
- Select Connect to a network.
- Right click on the new connection and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
Choose Layer 2 Tunnelling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec) from the Type of VPN drop-down menu.
- Click on Advanced Properties.
Select Use preshared key for authentication and input the WonderProxy shared secret,
(you must be logged in to view the shared secret), and click OK.
- Check the box for Unencrypted password (PAP).
- Click OK. You can now connect to the VPN by clicking Connect to a newtork, and then selecting the network from the list and clicking Connect.