Windows 8 VPN Configuration
- From the Settings menu, select Control Panel
- Select Network and Internet
- Choose Network and Sharing Center
- Select Set up a new connection or network
- Select Connect to to a workplace and click Next
- Select Use my Internet Connection (VPN).
In the Internet address box, input the hostname of the server that you wish to connect to. WonderProxy's hostnames are of the form
serverName.wonderproxy.com, as in
Provide a Destination name that is descriptive, so that you will be able to easily find the VPN connection in your Network Connections list, then click Create.
- The Networks pane will open, listing the connetion you have just created. Right-click on the connection and select View connection properties to open the properties window.
Open the Security tab, and select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPSec) from the Type of VPN drop-down menu.
In the Authentication area, select Unencrypted password (PAP) and deselect the other available protocols.
Under Type of VPN, click Advanced Settings to open the advanced properties. Select Use preshared key for authentication and input the WonderProxy shared secret,
(you must be logged in as a proxy user to view the shared secret), and click OK.
Click OK to save the updated VPN settings, and then connect to the VPN by choosing it from the network menu, and inputting your WonderProxy username and password.