Windows XP VPN Configuration
- From the start menu, select Control Panel.
- Select Network Connections, and then Create New Connection.
- Click Next.
- Select Connect to the network at my workplace and click Next.
- Select Virtual Private Network connection.
- Name the connection. Use a name that is memorable so that you will be able to easily locate it in the list when you wish to connect to the VPN. We generally go with WonderProxy - CityName.
Input the hostname of the server. WonderProxy's hostnames are of the form
servername.wonderproxy.com, as in
- Click Finish. The Connect screen will open, inviting you to connect to the VPN. Click Properties to finish configuring the VPN.
- Open the Networking tab and choose L2TP IPsec VPN from the Type of VPN drop-down menu.
- Open the Security tab, and select Advanced [custom settings], then click Settings. The Advanced Security Settings window will open.
- Select Unencrypted password (PAP) and deslect any other protocols, then click OK.
On the security tab, click IPSec Settings to open the IPSec settings, and select Use pre-shared key for authentication. Input WonderProxy's shared secret key,
(you must be logged in as a proxy user to view the shared secret), and click OK.
- Click OK. To connect, input your WonderProxy username and password and click Connect.