After installing the Switcher, follow the steps in the pop-up to complete setup by adding your WonderProxy credentials and importing your servers.
You can import all of your account's proxy servers into the WonderProxy Switcher with a click of a button.
- Go to your account's servers page
- Click on the Import to Extension link to trigger the import
- Open WonderProxy Switcher extension and click Settings
- To add individual proxies, click Add New
Fill in the new proxy form fields:
- Display name can be the server's name, e.g. Toronto
- Host will be the hostname for your server as found in your account's servers page, e.g.
- Port can be 10000, 11000, 12000 or adjusted to use different IPs. See port documentation
- If you want to use your WonderProxy credentials, leave the WonderProxy credentials checkbox enabled. You can enter and verify your credentials on the Credentials page.
- If you would like to use custom credentials for this specific server, uncheck the checkbox to add custom credentials.
- Click Add New Proxy to finalize your settings.
Setting a Reminder
Display a flashing notice on the extension icon when a specified amount of time has passed.
- Open WonderProxy Switcher extension and click Settings, then the Reminder option in the side menu
- Ensure that the reminder setting is enabled and you have entered an amount in minutes
- Save your changes
Setting a Header
Set a custom HTTP header that will be included when using the Switcher. It's occasionally useful to identify your testing traffic, either to bypass your CDN, or to have your testing traffic omitted from analytics.
- Open WonderProxy Switcher extension and click Settings, then Header from the side menu
- Ensure that the feature is toggled on, and you have added values to both required fields
- Make sure to save your changes
Specify domains or IP addresses you’d like to include or exclude from proxied traffic. Exclusion is useful when you wish to access internal network resources (like a bug tracker) while using the proxy. Inclusion is useful when you wish to only route some traffic through the proxy (like your website) while skipping the proxy for all other traffic.
- Open WonderProxy Switcher extension and click Settings, then click the Filters menu option.
- Toggle the feature on
- Select the Include traffic or Exclude traffic option
List the domains or IPs you would like to filter, separated by commas (
- Save your changes
Warnings & Notices
This popup may appear at some point after installing this plugin. It's warning you (correctly) that configuring a proxy server means all the data in your browser will be sent through that proxy. In our case, that's what we want: to use a proxy server for GeoIP testing. You will need to select "Keep Changes" to continue using the WonderProxy Switcher.