After installing the Switcher, follow the steps in the pop-up to complete setup by adding your WonderProxy credentials and importing your servers.
You can import all of your account's proxy servers into the WonderSwitcher with a click of a button.
- Go to your account's servers page
- Click on the Import to Extension link to trigger the import
- Open WonderSwitcher extension and click Settings
- To add individual proxies, click Add New
Fill in the new proxy form fields:
- Display name can be the server's name, e.g. Toronto
- Host will be the hostname for your server as found in your account's servers page, e.g.
- Port can be 10000, 11000, 12000 or adjusted to use different IPs. See port documentation
- If you want to use your WonderProxy credentials, leave the WonderProxy credentials checkbox enabled. You can enter and verify your credentials on the Credentials page.
- If you would like to use custom credentials for this specific server, uncheck the checkbox to add custom credentials.
- Click Add New Proxy to finalize your settings.
The WonderSwitcher supports two types of localization testing:
GeoIP testing: Websites localized with geoIP determine your location based on your IP address. All WonderProxy servers are physically located where we say they are, so their IP addresses map to the right locations. When you use one of our proxies, your localized website will place you at the location of the proxy.
Browser location testing: Your browser can determine the physical location of your computer using GPS, WiFi positioning, cell network positioning, and other methods. When you connect to a WonderProxy server, the Switcher updates your browser location with the latitude and longitude of the proxy server. Your browser location will be the location of the proxy server, instead of your current location.
Browser location & geoIP testing
To use the Switcher for browser location testing:
While you're connected to one of our proxies, your browser will reflect the location of the proxy, instead of your actual location. Your IP address will also reflect the location of the proxy.
GeoIP testing only
When you're connected to a WonderProxy server, your IP address will always reflect the location of the proxy server. If you don't want to share your browser location with a website you're testing, you can still use the Switcher for geoIP testing.Disable all location sharing
To turn off all location sharing in your browser:
- Open your browser's location sharing settings
- Disable all location sharing
- Remove any sites that you've previously allowed
Alternatively, you can simply deny location sharing requests for specific sites, when prompted by your browser.
Setting a Reminder
Display a flashing notice on the extension icon when a specified amount of time has passed.
- Open WonderSwitcher extension and click Settings, then the Reminder option in the side menu
- Ensure that the reminder setting is enabled and you have entered an amount in minutes
- Save your changes
Setting a Header
Set a custom HTTP header that will be included when using the Switcher. It's occasionally useful to identify your testing traffic, either to bypass your CDN, or to have your testing traffic omitted from analytics.
- Open WonderSwitcher extension and click Settings, then Header from the side menu
- Ensure that the feature is toggled on, and you have added values to both required fields
- Make sure to save your changes
Specify domains or IP addresses you’d like to include or exclude from proxied traffic. Exclusion is useful when you wish to access internal network resources (like a bug tracker) while using the proxy. Inclusion is useful when you wish to only route some traffic through the proxy (like your website) while skipping the proxy for all other traffic.
- Open WonderSwitcher extension and click Settings, then click the Filters menu option.
- Toggle the feature on
- Select the Include traffic or Exclude traffic option
List the domains or IPs you would like to filter, separated by commas (
- Save your changes
When you have a filter enabled, the Switcher will not update your browser location for any domains or IPs that are not using the proxy.
Warnings & Notices
This popup may appear at some point after installing this plugin. It's warning you (correctly) that configuring a proxy server means all the data in your browser will be sent through that proxy. In our case, that's what we want: to use a proxy server for geoIP testing. You will need to select "Keep Changes" to continue using the WonderSwitcher.